Job Title: Public Works Maintenance Worker
Department: Public Works
Salary: $22.88/hour with Step and COLA increases.
General Statement of Duties
Operates trucks, tractors and other construction type equipment associated with pavements, grounds, water and sewer systems. Performs manual labor as required in these areas. Provides assistance to the Public Works Director in the functions of sewer, storm sewer, streets, water, electric, and building, cemetery, parks and vehicle/equipment maintenance.
RESPONSEBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES
Materials, Equipment and Tools Used:
- Operates all trucks, tractors, loaders, mowers, rollers, scrapers, sweepers and other such wheeled equipment in the City’s inventory.
- Operates non - wheeled power equipment such as rammers, jack hammers, etc.
- Performs snow removal duties and able to operate heavy equipment as needed.
- Uses hand and power tools such as shovels, picks, saws, sanders, etc.
- Reads electric and water meters monthly as well as checking them as requested.
- Performs maintenance, both of preventive, routine and unscheduled and corrective nature under the supervision of the Public Works Director.
- Assists with water, sewer, and electric work as needed.
- Operates well and pumps so as to maintain water pressure in the City water system at a satisfactory and safe level at all times. In a related matter, has one week per month pumping duty during the night time hours to monitor the above workings.
- Follows safety rules adopted by the City of Ada and OSHA.
- Attends schools or workshops that relate to the field of work.
- Promote the City of Ada and all of its entities in a positive manner.
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Public Works Director.
Shovel, rake, jackhammer, vibratory compactor, vibratory plate, trucks, power tools, chain saw, sander, weed eater, paint machine, hammer, wrench, prybar, pipe cutter, chain cutter, cement chain saw, street sweeper, skid steer, payloader, snow plow, welder and torch; pavement oils, asphalt, petroleum products not limited to gasoline, diesel and motor oils, liquid propane, cement products, earth material (including dusts from them), latex paint, water, brass parts, cast iron pipe, aluminum, galvanized parts, PVC pipe products, ABS pipe products, glues and primers, old lead pipe joints, non-friable asbestos cement pipe, epoxy glues and various cleaners and disinfectants.
Valid Class B driver’s license and CDL is required.
Ability to operate heavy equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good physical condition with ability to lift heavy objects.
Knowledge to operate light and heavy equipment as directed.
Ability to work with limited supervision.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and with the public. Ability to read and write the English language
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BELOW. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT BRIAN RASMUSSON AT 218-784-5537 or firstname.lastname@example.org. BRING APPLICATION AND RESUME TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
Ada City Hall.
15 4th Ave E
Ada MN 56510
Ada Public Works Department
900 W. Main St.
Ada MN 56510