The City of Ada, MN is seeking a Lateral/Entry anticipated position for a Full Time Police Officer. Wages are competitive starting at $24 to $28 per 2022 contract with expectations for increase for 2023 contract.. Applicants must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as defined by the Minnesota P.O.S.T. Board plus have a valid driver’s license.
The city offers lateral licensed officers to receive, at start of employment, 80 hours of paid vacation, along with two paid personal days per year. Final pay to be negotiated prior to final offer.
Officers will receive- Free full single health care
Substantial contributes to family health plan along with HSA contribution.
Eye and Dental insurance.
11 paid holidays
Free gym membership along with paid workout program.
All uniforms and equipment paid by the city
Officers will primarily work 11.5 hour shifts with working 7 days on and 7 days off.
Police Department uses the latest state of the art equipment and vehicles.
STATEMENT OF JOB
Under the direction of the Ada Police Chief, an officer performs duties such as patrolling City while enforcing State Laws, City Ordinances, answering citizen calls; investigating when a crime is suspected and/or an emergency exist. The Full-Time Police Officer will take necessary actions to assist citizens in a wide range of both non-emergency and emergency situations. There are circumstances where individual and personal hazards can exist and times when physical effort is required. A part-time officer’s duties include any action of a Law Enforcement Officer or any lawful actions the Police Chief may assign the officers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain proficiency in firearms and all weapons as designated by the Chief of Police according to department standards.
- Attend mandatory training sessions as directed by the Chief of Police or other designee. .
- Understand and know the rules and regulations, policies and procedures of the City of Ada police department and State of Minnesota
- Must be in top physical and mental condition in order to effectively perform the job.
- Meet the physical and psychological standards as set by the City of Ada and State of Minnesota.
Please send Resume, Application, and Cover Letter to one of the following.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Mail: 15 4th Ave E. Ada MN 56510-